What is Product Fit?
Product Fit is a yearly program of team-wide training and guidance.
With Product Fit you benefit from Brainmates’ extensive experience as Product Managers, our Product Management training, and our Product Management Framework.
Product Fitness is the constant pursuit of the well-being of your product.
Modern Product leaders need to ensure that their organisation’s products remain relevant and profitable within a dynamic market environment.
Achieving and sustaining Product Fitness requires a skilled and motivated Product team. When Product teams are not aligned and do not have a consistent Product Management approach, then the business suffers.
Brainmates’ Product Fit program is designed to support your Product team throughout the year to effectively build and grow great products that customers love.
Your Product Team Will...
- Lift their game to deliver strong and agile products to market
- Develop a holistic approach to Product Fitness
- Build on their core Product Management competencies
- Learn how to best leverage team strengths
- Share the same language and concepts to work more efficiently
- Develop daily habits to monitor and grow Product Fitness
- Draw on the latest methods and techniques
- Be professionally supported throughout the year
What do you get with
Each year you receive:
- A Product Fit Learning Improvement Plan for the year.
- A package of formal face-to-face Brainmates training.
- Two hours of Individual Coaching from a Brainmates expert for each nominated person.
- An Individual Capability Assessment report for each nominated person.
- A Team Capability Assessment report for each team*.
- A quarterly Product Leader Progress Review.
*Minimum team size is 3 people. You can have more than one team included in your program.
Delivering products that solve valuable customer problems.
Streamlined delivery of products to market.
Better engagement and motivation for your Product People.
How Does Product Fit Work?
Product Fit is an annual package of formal training plus individual coaching from Brainmates Product Management experts.
It starts with an assessment of the Product Management competencies of your Product People.
Then we design a learning and improvement programme driven by your teams’ capabilities.
Contact Brainmates to chat about who in your team would benefit from the Product Fit program.
How big is your squad?
The number of people you decide to include in the Product Fit program determines how much you pay annually, and the number of training days you receive:
*A Training Day is 8 hours.
Your Capability Assessments
We start the Product Fit program with a Capability Assessment of each Product Fit participant.
Brainmates’ Capability Assessments provide you with insight into the current strengths of your team and an actionable set of recommendations for growth, all grounded in a solid Product Management Competency Framework.
Your Learning Improvement Plan
Brainmates consults with you throughout the process of designing your Learning Improvement Plan.
Your Product Fit Learning Improvement Plan will:
- Be based upon the results of our Capability Assessment of your Product People.
- Include our recommendations for your Individual Coaching sessions for the year.
- Include an agreed set of topics for your formal face-to-face training.
Each hour long individual coaching session will be with an experienced Brainmates Product Manager.
Coaching is based on the Fuel model (Frame the conversation, Understand the current state, Explore the desired state, Lay out a success plan).
Extra features for large squads
If you have more than 16 Product People then there are extra benefits to using Brainmates' Product Fit Program.
You receive a customised half-day workshop for the whole squad (1 x 4 hour session).
Plus, you will receive a customised Product Management Framework, where we take Brainmates' Product Management Framework and adapt it to align more closely with your organisation’s processes.
What if we want more training?
Brainmates can provide you with Private Team Training for groups of six or more.
Alternatively, Brainmates offers a range of public training courses throughout the year. We suggest you refer to our calendar of public courses.
What if I just need a Capability Assessment of my Product Team?
Brainmates is happy to offer our Capability Assessment Reports to Product leaders who aren’t subscribed to our Product Fit program.
What if we want more individual coaching?
Brainmates’ can provide you with extra packages of Individual Coaching sessions - or Group Coaching sessions - based upon your needs.
Contact Brainmates to chat about what coaching options are available.
What if I have less than 3 people in my squad?
Brainmates offers a range of public training courses throughout the year. We suggest you refer to our calendar of public courses.