Brainmates announcement on coronavirus and plans – updated on 16 March, 2020.
We’re writing to let you know the plans we’re putting in place for the current Coronavirus situation. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and their families and our wonderful Product Management community.
Brainmates is and always has been a community, face to face business. What can we say – we love meeting people who love Product Management like we do 😀
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is testing us, like it is many people in Australia and around the world, but we’re putting in place contingency plans so we can continue to work with people and businesses to help them solve their Product problems, however this situation evolves.
What are we doing right now?
While we’re great at Product Management (of course), we’re not health professionals, so we’re closely following the guidelines and recommendations from the Australian Government as well as doing what we can to help slow or stop the spread of Coronavirus in our community.
- To help slow the spread of coronavirus we have decided to shift all of our public training courses in March and April to later in the year. This is a big part of our business, so this is not easy for us, but we think it’s the best thing for the overall health and wellbeing of our staff, our Product Management community, and Australia and New Zealand in general. We are in touch with everyone who has booked a place on one of our courses to reschedule for later in the year. We are moving some parts of our training online – more on this soon!
- Our in-person consulting business continues as normal and we also launched a new Product – Virtual Product Champion — to ensure we can continue to help our clients solve their Product and Business problems and improve their Product Management practices through this difficult time.
- We are moving our Product Talks and Product Women meetups online for now, so our Product Management community can continue to meet each other and share their thoughts and ideas, even while face-to-face meetings are getting more difficult.
How are we planning for the coming days, weeks and months?
- We’re still planning for Leading the Product in September, but as nobody knows how the coming months will pan out we understand nervousness to buy tickets
- To reassure you, if we are unable to run the events then we will offer a full refund if the event doesn’t run, for anyone who has bought a ticket.
- Our consultants will work to whatever guidelines your business puts in place, so we can continue to help in-person or remotely
If you have any concerns about any of this please reach out to your normal Brainmates contact or give us a call on 1800 272 466 or via email on email@example.com.
We hope that Australia and the world take serious measures to slow the spread of this pandemic and we can get our business back to normal soon.
We’re wishing everyone the best through this difficult time. Please look out for each other and be kind to each other.
Adrienne and Nick
CoFounders of Brainmates