More and more businesses are employing Agile development methods to get products and services to market faster and more efficiently. Unfortunately for Product Managers who have not been trained in these Agile methods, working with agile teams can seem confusing and the results of their output uncertain.
The course includes:
- An introduction to the key concepts and terminology relating to Agile Methods and specifically using Scrum.
- Hands on practice of the Agile methods with a mock exercise that highlights the key roles and activities in the process.
- Demonstrates how the Product Management activities and outputs interface with the UX and the Development teams.
- The course will use existing, real world work examples.
Please bring examples that will be used in an interactive and practical format to get participants practicing the concepts discussed.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for:
- Product Managers
- Product Marketers
- Brand Managers
Participants will learn how to:
- Accelerate time to market for their products.
- Manage risk and adapt to emerging requirements at an entirely new level of effectiveness.
- Amplify market learning through shorter feedback loops.
- Structure one’s time across multiple iterations or Sprints.
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Plan, manage, and track an Agile release.
- Prioritize features.
- Create and maintain a product backlog.
- Convey requirements as user stories with acceptance tests.
- Organize for success including large projects and distributed teams.
Organisations will realize immediate and ongoing benefits investing in their Product Management capabilities:
- A consistent approach to Agile development.
- A functioning Agile development process that includes a key group of the business, the Product Managers, interacting well during a project.
- Ability to respond to the market in a timely manner.
- Going to market with the right products as early as possible.
- A reduction in the number of products with redundant features.
The price of this 1 day workshop is $995 (incl. GST) per participant and includes:
- Course Material
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea
“A valuable introduction to a valuable methodology that can simultaneously deliver and improve business outcomes and enhanced team dynamics…Overall it has been a very valuable workshop and some of the basic principles certainly will apply in all development streams within Cochlear”
– Shay Withnell, Senior Global Product Manager, Cochlear
“Excellent summary of Agile”
– Tom Spence, Product Manager, AUSTAR
“It helped validate what we have started doing and gave me some ideas on how to improve our process”
– Jeff Rouse, Systems Development Manager