Rich Mironov will host this interactive workshop to help product managers improve their understanding and skills for working (upward) with their executives. Rich will frame the main challenges for company executives, then look at specific tools/techniques that product managers can use to drive decisions/strategies.
Attendees will start the day identifying their own “managing upward” challenges, and the group will vote up which issues to tackle during the day. Perennial topics include:
- Why managing upward is an essential product management skill
- Addressing interrupts and too many requests, given a limited engineering team
- Executive listening/learning styles
- Product portfolio investment models versus feature factories
- Validating customer problems before adopting proposed solutions
- Building trust with Engineering and other key organizations
- Helping define the limits/boundaries of your product management role
- Attendees should currently be experienced product managers or leaders of product management teams. The day will be highly interactive, so come prepared to share insights and argue about approaches.
All attendees will receive a copy of Rich Mironov’s “The Art of Product Management.”