Brainmates, Australia’s leading product management experts, bring to life the fundamentals of a best-practice product management methodology. The 3-day course is teeming with interactive exercises and case studies from their consulting practice, which serves a diverse cross-section of industries. Participants of this practical course will learn how to apply smarter market-centric approaches to both their new product development projects and day-to-day activities.
Participants will learn the following:
- A clear structured thought-process from ideation through to product launch planning
- How to quickly gather many fuzzy product or business ideas and uncover which are the most worthwhile to explore further
- Research the world of their target customers to uncover their unmet needs
- Articulate the market and product requirements for product design, development and marketing purposes
- Effectively plan the product delivery and go-to-market activities
- Maximise their efforts in juggling day-to-day activities, monitoring their product performance, keeping up to date on their market and managing stakeholders.
Follow-up Coaching Support
With any training experience one of the biggest challenges it to take the insights from the classroom and convert them into practical changes in the workplace.
To help with this Brainmates offers a follow-up coaching service that can be purchased at a reduced rate ($150 per hour) when you register for the training or you can book further coaching after the course ($200 per hour).
Become an AIPMM Certified Product Manager
The Essentials of Product Management Training course has been reviewed by the Association of International Product Managers and Marketers (AIPMM) as being a course that supports the training requirements to prepare for the Certified Product Manager exam and associated certification. Brainmates provides a half day additional preparation session before candidates sit the online test.
“Finally! Product Managers throughout Australia have the training they need to take their game up a notch. Brainmates’ Essentials program provides more than a framework for good product management. It gives you the language and tools you need to help move business initiatives ahead, bring stakeholders on the journey, and turn strategy into reality. I’d recommend the Essentials program for anyone looking to refine their skills or to make product management a proactive, essential part of any organisation.”
– Jen Armstrong, CMO
“The most valuable thing about the course is the platform to utilise at times when problems arise from lack of process. It’s a good reference guide. It’s a worthwhile starter course for junior product managers or a refresher for mid-level product professionals.”
– Jerome Ferdinands, User Experience Product Manager, eBay
“An exceptionally well run course. Nick Coster clearly has a thorough understanding of his subject matter. Importantly, he shares this knowledge and I am confident I can implement it.”
– Andrew Kendrick, Global Rehabilitation Manager, Cochlear
“The course provided a best-practice framework to ensure I provide maximum value creation for the business. It identified areas of work that are not relevant for product managers. Nick Coster did an excellent job of conveying a complex topic in 3 Days.”
– Craig Malins, Senior Product Manager, Gallagher Group, NZ
“Brainmates are pioneers in Australia on the Product Management front. It’s funny – I get asked regularly (on dates!) what a Product Manager is and it reminds me of the first exercise as part of their course.”
– Richard Donnelly, Product Manager, Cochlear