Speaking directly to customers is one of the most important activities that Product Management professionals can perform. Effective insight from customers are the help us uncover their market needs that will drive the next generation of product innovation. Unfortunately, most people have had no experience in this skill and either avoid it or do it poorly. Developing the skills, using the best tools and developing the right experience for running customer interviews and workshops is vital for product success. Whether it is the development and testing of a Value Hypothesis, or presenting and testing an MVP experiment, or developing a detailed understanding of the customer needs to develop requirements or user stories Product Management professionals need to be able to plan and run an effective customer interview.
Participants will get exposure to best-practice methods as well as hands-on exercises and in-depth discussions. Participants will learn how to be more effective and efficient when running interviews, ensuring outputs and insights drive confident decision-making.
Who Should Attend
Product, Marketing and User Experience people who need to engage with customers and internal stakeholders to uncover insights, validate them (and sometimes invalidate them) and understand the results.
Brainmates Training Alignment
For product Management professionals who have attended the Brainmates Essentials of Product Management training course, this 1 day course will:
- Support early target market and customer problems validation in the EXPLORE stage
- Help gather more fined grained insights from customers during the IMMERSE stage
- Enable fast and effective feedback from early prototypes and MVP’s in the DEFINE Stage
- Provide structure for product marketer to test value propositions in the PREPARE stage
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify the best method for gathering information
- Effectively plan for a workshop and interview – including organising participants and writing guides
- Effectively facilitate sessions to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Uncover meaningful insights through the analysis and synthesis of qualitative outputs
Organisations will see the following immediate and ongoing benefits of investing in building their interpersonal and research skills:
- More productive requirements gathering efforts
- A more rigorous approach to research driving better insights
- Better, more informed decision making that can improve profitability
The price of this 1 day workshop is $995 (incl. GST) per participant and includes:
- Course Material
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea