The Business Case is fundamental to most Product Development activities, yet the steps required to develop a Business Case vary widely across organisations and even within individual teams in organisations. This one day session reviews the purpose of the Business Case and provides a systematic approach to developing proposals that will support an investment by the business.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for:
- Product Managers
- Product Marketers
- Product Analysts
Participants will learn how to:
- The steps required to take an idea from conception to business approval.
- To identify the market potential for new ideas and determine the business’ opportunity.
- To determine inputs required for a good Business Case including business capability and the organisational risks associated with delivering the new product or service.
- To craft a compelling story for the business to understand and assess.
- To review Business Cases to determine when to proceed with product delivery.
- To present Business Cases to stakeholders in a succinct and informative way.
- To recognise a good Business Case.
Organisations will realize immediate and ongoing benefits investing in their Product Management capabilities:
- The presentation of well researched, compelling opportunities for the business to determine which to select and pursue.
- The ability to make better investment decisions.
- A competitive advantage for your business.
- A reduction in business risk.
The price of this 1 day workshop is $985 (incl. GST) per participant and includes:
- Course Material
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea
“The Brainmates Business Case Master Class was a circuit breaker, creating a new baseline for the rate of which successful products have been initiated through the Business Case process and launched into the right markets. My team learnt how to hone in on what projects would be of value to deliver to our industry, and communicate it succinctly to stakeholders.
As a result, the amount of approved project funding within the year following the Master Class, was equivalent to the total amount approved during the previous 5 years. Furthermore, many of the digital talent in the team went on to more senior roles within CBA and externally, having shown a track record of initiating a project and taking a product to market.”
Adam Farraway, Executive Manager Online Channel Development, CBA