Chief Product Officer
Our client is seeking an experienced, market driven Chief Product Officer to co-create the company’s vision and drive the evolution of their Product Portfolio, Platform and Data strategy. Partnering with the Senior Leadership team and leading a team of Product Managers, you will be accountable for 3 key aspects:
- Aggressively growing the product portfolio revenue,
- Developing and nurturing the Product Team’s capabilities,
- Cultivating and championing Product Management across the business.
Our client is a leading data and software platform in the freight & logistics industry in Australia and abroad. Operating across Oceania, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with a range of interconnected products and solutions on their platform that meet the needs of the freight & logistics industry. Our client is a B2B, agile, fast paced, and innovative company who aims to push the boundaries. The client firmly believes Product Management will deliver innovation in the freight and logistics industry.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for driving overall platform, data and product strategy; in order to achieve the Company vision. Partnering with the Senior Leadership team and leading a team of Product Managers, you will build product capabilities and champion product management across the business.
- Partner with the CEO and Leadership team to grow and expand the product portfolio and integrate platform offering in multiple markets (across the supply chain and overseas)
- Report on the performance of the overall product portfolio by obtaining and analysing the products’ analytics, financial metrics, and P&L
- Foster a continuous improvement ethos that enables the Product Team to create value driven data, platform, and product roadmaps
- Develop relevant metrics to ensure product offering is meeting and exceeding customer’s expectations
- Guide the team to measure and report on each individual product’s ROI, Health, Quality and Security
- Build a strong product practice, by attracting, hiring great talent and having an exceptional onboarding program
- Enable the Product Team by mentoring, and training the team to deliver customer value aligned to the company’s vision and objectives
- Empower the Product Team by creating a fit for purpose Product Framework incorporating Discovery, Design and Delivery processes which are aligned to good practice but are tailored to specific business environment
- Build strong and open relationships with customers and key stakeholders that drive their businesses forward through alignment with client roadmaps
- Create and drive an executable innovation agenda with customers & stakeholders
- Immerse yourself in the Logistics market including the technology and competitors. You will synthesize, share and apply your insights in your day to day decisions. You will become a key connector between data, ideas and customers.
A bit about you.
- You live and breathe product, love to learn and come with 15+ years of experience in Product Management in a B2B SaaS environment
- You have a strong appreciation for technology, product marketing, and or business
- A visionary who understands and anticipates market needs, and through the client’s products will drive the industry forward
- Significant experience developing and executing product portfolio strategies, with an emphasis on platform and data
- You motivate and inspire your team, enjoy leading people, and are passionate about helping them succeed.
- A hands-on role, you will be non-hierarchical in your approach as comfortable at all altitudes from strategy to enjoying the thrill of operational delivery
- With exceptional communication skills, you are a storyteller, who brings your team with you on the journey
- You understand why processes are important and can tailor them to the needs of the business.
- You are customer obsessed and bring with you strong experience in solving problems and managing complex customer & stakeholder relationships.
- You are an expert negotiator and can influence across all levels of the business.
- A hunger to learn and to understand the ‘why’ and the ‘how’.
- You are flexible and adaptable, can disrupt the status quo and don’t shy away from difficult conversations.
Bit about the client in their own words!
- We aren’t afraid of a challenge, we are open to change, and we always want to do better!
- We hire great people- we focus on hiring smart people who bring something unique to our team.
- Flexible working arrangements during COVID, and a great new office for when we are back.
- Enjoy a beer and pizza on a Friday afternoon, monthly lunch and town halls, and quarterly team events. We understand the importance of facilitating good relationships and great friendships across our team.
If you have the skills and experience to be the new Chief Product Officer of this exciting business, then apply now!